The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prayer, Chapel, Bags, Injuries, & Hope

OK... wow... what a busy couple of days in St. Pete! We handed out the rest of the crew care packs (600 total)! We actually ran out before everyone got one. I just prayed that God would just "take care of that" what ever "that" means. We have already had reports of how the contents are being used! One crew member told me that his children went thru the bag and were "fighting" over the contents. The compromise was the older child is now reading to the younger children from the Bible that was in the packs!!!!!! It is unimaginable how far these might reach souls for God's kingdom!

I met with the Feeding America http://feedingamerica.org (formally Second Harvest) people from Tampa. They are picking up the food this weekend and we are trying to establish a national partnership with them for all the tracks! Had a great time of prayer with these brothers that God would use every bit of this food to show his love to the less fortunate.

Chapel today for the Indy Lights series was held at the Tech semi in the garage area. We had a great turnout for the 9:00 AM service! We had great prayer time on the grid prior to today's race. There are many new teams and drivers this year. Most all wanted to pray. I was rejected by two drivers. We are still there, still present, still praying.

One of the IRL crew members was injured today in the garage area. After his brief stay at the infield care center, I transported him back to his garage. I had a neat time of prayer with him for his injuries.

Lastly, I was hanging up flyers for our Sunday Chapel services in the hospitality area today. One of the guys I met last year said to me, " there is no hope for me, I am too far gone". I replied that nobody is too far gone. That Christ will forgive the worst of sins. He said when he stands before God, that God will say "not this one". I told him that that is exactly why Jesus died on that cross for your sins. I said that if you trust Jesus, then He will say to God, "no, this one is OK, he is covered by my blood......... He did not say a word.... I gave him a couple of devotionals I had for him to read. I also told him, at the proper time, I wanted to talk further about his concerns. He agreed. Please pray. Please.

Tomorrow there are two races, a chapel and a catholic mass. There will be countless opportunities to exhibit Christ's love. Pray I do that.

This why I am here. To share Christ. Nothing else. Pray.

No comments: