The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Monday, May 28, 2012

You don't know me, but....

I had an older gentleman with a cane approached me after one of our chapel services on Indy 500 race day. He said, You don't know me, but you picked me up on your golf cart at the Indycar Nashville, TN race a number of years ago. Since then, I have prayed for and financially supported your ministry. I just wanted to say thank you".

He was correct, I did not remember him. Hopefully, I was simply being obedient to God's prompting. So when was the last time you drove by, walked by, or acted like you did not see someone that needed help or a word of encouragement. This reminds me of the good Samaritan story in Luke 10:33 where Jesus said in a parable, " But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him." Jesus then said in verse 37, “Go and do likewise.”

You never know when God will use you. Will you be obedient to the call? Go and do likewise....

No comments: