The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do you really pray with every driver?

That was the question I was asked when the USF2000 cars were on their pace lap.... I replied, "yes, every one" They said, "I have never seen that before!" Every one...... everyone. What if we were able to pray with everyone we came in contact with? What if we even thought that way? Something to think about...

The day went absolutely fabulous. The first USF2000 race and the first USF2000 Chapel both went very well. There were many moments where I saw the hand of God working. I met a lady and her husband that work for Cooper tires (the USF2000 tire supplier). They are Christians and she "happens" to sing. She also "happened" to have her guitar with her in the truck (she told me she did not know why she put it in her truck). I asked her if she wanted to sing at our chapel service. She wanted to know what songs I was thinking about. Well, I had already printed out the words to "Jesus Messiah" for an opening song. She "happened" to have just worked that one up! God is good, really good. She sang two songs for our chapel service. It was awesome, but so is God.....

The Lord provided safety for every one involved with the races. They were run very professionally. The series is off to a great start!

I had many people in the Indy Car Paddock area congratulate and encourage me today. Many people told me they were praying for me and the IRL Ministry. Thank you all your support. We appreciate your prayers more than you will ever know! Keep praying! Because after today, I know God is listening......

No comments: