The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Wendy in Seat 16E

On my flight from Miami to Atlanta, a girl named Wendy sat next to me in the plane. We hadn’t spoken for most of the flight when she asked me what I was doing in Miami. I told her about the IRL Ministry. She said she believed in a “higher power”. Then she quipped by saying “I suppose you are going to tell me I need to go to church”. We then proceeded to talk about people’s perception of what Christianity was and I told her that going to church wouldn’t get her to heaven, but she needed to have a relationship with Christ. We talked about how to do that and what that meant. We talked about living in a fallen world and that we are all sinners that need a Savior in Jesus. I told here how He came to this earth to fill the gap between a sinful world and a Holy God. As our time was running short, she told me about a book she was reading about figuring out what we are doing in this world. I suggested a couple others and also gave her a plan of salvation outline with scripture references. She told me she would look those up. She looked at me and said “it wasn’t an accident that she was sitting here”. I said these encounters are not accidents but they are orchestrated by God himself. She told me again, “You don’t understand, I switched my seat right before the flight so I could sit closer to my boyfriend, but he is way in the back”. She said, “I was supposed to talk to you today”. She thanked me and we went our separate ways. Pray for Wendy. That she finds Christ and that she figures out why she is here……. God is amazing……

No comments: