The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Day at Homestead!

Got to Homestead today around noon. Worked on a number of different things such as new IRL Ministry display pictures, new decals on the new golf carts, and met with a number of the chefs from the various IRL teams and sponsors to coordinate the food ministry deliveries and pickups. Met briefly with Father Phil, Bob, and Champ Car chaplain Hunter Floyd. Saw a lot of people I have known from past seasons and teams. It is always good to see old friends. Had dinner with Hunter Floyd at, you guessed it, a Mexican place. Great food! Really enjoyed my time with Hunter. He is a genuine man of God. He has years of experience in motorsports ministries and he loves the Lord dearly. I pray I will get to know him better over the season and learn from him as we spend time doing ministry together.

All four of us will be meeting tomorrow morning to go through logistics and responsibilites. I look forward to tomorrow and how I can humbly serve God in this place. I pray that I will have a "feet washing" mentality to be just like Jesus!

No comments: