The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's 4:33am and......

I am sitting in the kitchen doing my daily devotions and prayer. My flight leaves at 6:55am to Toronto for the INDYCAR event this weekend. I just had a great weekend getaway with my wife. I am a little tired and and for some reason, a bit discouraged this morning. In the devotion is a quote from John 14:1, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."

My phone buzzed with a new message and I think, "Who sends an email at 4:33am?" God does. The email read:

David,

I hope all is well with you, your family and your ministry. I have not seen you lately, but was wondering how your return to school was progressing. I admire your dedication to speading the Word of Jesus and taking the necessary steps to a full-time ministry. My wife and I pray for you often. Take care & God bless.

This was from a brother in Christ from my church! God used him to send encouragement my way when I needed it the most! When it's 4:33am and dark outside, let not your hearts be troubled. God provides. God inspires. God does.

Thanks Mark for letting God work through you!

No comments: