The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Is This a Hobby?

So, I was off site at a company today for my "full time" engineering job with JDSU...... We got to talking about racing and the IRL Ministry. These guys said "so you don't get paid for the time you spend traveling to all the races?" I told them my expenses are covered, but I do not get paid. They commented that that was "some hobby".... In response, I simply said, "it's more than a hobby".

That comment hit me hard...... Friends, is Christianity "just a hobby" for you? We are serving the Almighty God of the universe. We are giving praise to Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. Our God knows and understands our every thought. We have been commanded by Christ Himself to go unto the world to spread the Good News.

It's more than a "hobby" to me....... how bout you?

No comments: