The INDYCAR Ministry and my Involvement

The Indy Car Ministry provides chapel services at each track where the Indy Car, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda Championship, and USF2000 series race. Chapel services include Christian music, Holy Communion, prayer, and a biblical message. We provide prayer and counseling support to drivers and team members. Bible studies are also provided at some of the race shops.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Great Day in Kansas!

We had 2 great Chapel services today. Very well attended for the time slots we had. Jessica from Stoney Point Christian Church did a wonderful job on the special music! Thanks again to Jessica and her family!

Kansas City Resuce Mission picked up the excess food today in a U-haul box truck! We donated 30 pounds of soap and will keep you updated on the final food weight count.

Had great oppotunites to pray with team members and drivers today prior to both the Indy Lights and Indy Car races. We offered to all and many participated. Pray for those who are still opposed. Had a great conversation with an engineer today that I had talked to int he past. He wanted to know what happened when I gave my heart to the Lord. We talked briefly about head knowledge verses heart knowledge and what it means to live for God. Since this was directly prior to the race, I invited him to sit down with me sometime to talk through that. He accepted, but said I would not convince him. I told that my job was to present the truth, not to change his mind. I told him that was up to God! His name is Len. Please pray that God would soften his heart........

No comments: